Last Updated: July 10, 2018
Information We Collect About You
In General. We may collect personal information that can identify you, such as your name and email address, and other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information through our Sites or Services, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
- Information you provide. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our Sites or Services or provide to us in some other manner, including personal information that may be contained in any submission you upload or post to the Sites or Services. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number. We also may request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information.
We may provide areas on our Sites or Services where you can post information about yourself and others and communicate with others; upload content (e.g. pictures, videos, audio files, etc.); and post comments or reviews of content found on the Sites or Services. Such postings are governed by our Terms and Conditions.
- Other methods of collection: We may also collect information from or about you in other ways, such as through your direct contact with our account executives or customer support team, or your response to a survey.
- Information from other sources. We may also periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from other business partners, contractors, and other third parties. Examples of information that we may receive include updated address information, purchase history, and additional demographic information.
- Information we collect automatically: When you visit our Site or Services, we collect information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone, or other access device. The information sent to us may include but is not limited to the following: data about the pages you access, computer IP address, device ID or unique identifier, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, mobile network information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, and standard web log data and other information.
- Cookies. When you visit our Site or Services, we may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our sites, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site.
For example, when you sign in to our website, we will record your user or member ID and the name on your user or member account in the cookie file on your computer. We also may record your password in this cookie file, if you indicated that you would like your password saved for automatic sign-in. For security purposes, we will encrypt any usernames, passwords, and other user or member account-related data that we store in such cookies. In the case of sites and services that do not use a user or member ID, the cookie will contain a unique identifier. We may allow our authorized service providers to serve cookies from our website to allow them to assist us in various activities, such as doing analysis and research on the effectiveness of our site, content, and advertising.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our website. You may also clear or delete existing cookies from standard internet browsers.
- Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our site. Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users or to access cookies. Unlike cookies which are stored on the user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on the web pages (or in email) and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
We also may include web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited certain pages and to understand usage patterns. We also may receive an anonymous identification number if you come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website.
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect; Purposes and Legal Basis for Processing
Our primary purpose for collecting and processing personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, and efficient visitor and customer experience. We may also use your personal information to:
- operate the Site (the legal basis for processing is either performance of the agreement between us and you or our legitimate interest, more specifically our economic interest in offering you products and services)
- provide support or to carry out the service(s) you have requested or authorized (the legal basis for processing is performance of the agreement between us and you)
- troubleshoot your issue and provide you with more effective customer service (the legal basis for processing is performance of the agreement between us and you)
- distribute alerts concerning product upgrades, special offers, updated information, and other new products and services from AgileAssets or our partners (the legal basis for processing is either performance of the agreement between us and you or our legitimate interest, more specifically our economic interest in making you personalized offers)
- provide or operate certain products that may engage in automated decision-making (the legal basis for such processing is explicit consent; you may withdraw your consent at any time)
- for such other purposes as required or permitted by law (the legal basis for processing is our compliance with our legal obligations)
With Whom We Share Your Information
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities on our Sites or Services.
Personal information. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- Authorized service providers: We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our Sites or Services functionality, and supporting surveys and other features offered through our Sites or Services. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Other Situations. We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us, in our sole discretion.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, report or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Aggregated and non-personal information. We may share aggregated and non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on websites of third parties. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers, and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our website and the most popular features or services accessed. This information does not contain any personal information and may be used to develop website content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising.
Social Media Widgets
Information for Users in Europe and Elsewhere Outside the U.S.
If you use our Site or Services outside of the United States, you understand that we may collect, process, and store your personal information in the United States and other countries. The laws in the U.S. regarding personal information may be different from the laws of your state or country. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law.
Purposes of processing and legal basis for processing: We process personal data in various ways depending upon your use of our Sites or Services. We process personal data on the following legal bases: (1) with your consent; (2) as necessary to perform our agreement to provide Services; and (3) as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing the Sites or Services where those interests do not override your fundamental rights and freedom related to data privacy. AgileAssets’ collection of Business Information is within AgileAssets’ legitimate interests to organize and make available business contact information given the limited impact of this data on an individual’s private life and that this information, unlike personal contact details, is widely disclosed. AgileAssets has put in place safeguards to protect personal privacy and individual choice, including disclosures of its data processing activities, the use of consent or opt-outs wherever possible.
Right to lodge a complaint: Users that reside in the EU or Switzerland have the right to lodge a complaint about our data collection and processing actions with the supervisory authority concerned. Contact details for data protection authorities are available here.
Individual Rights: If you are a resident of the EU or Switzerland, you are entitled to the following rights under GDPR. Please note: In order to verify your identity, we may require you to provide us with personal information prior to accessing any records containing information about you.
- The right to access and correction. You have the right to request access to, and a copy of, your personal data at no charge, as well as certain information about our processing activities with respect to your data. You have the right to request correction or completion of your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You have the right to restrict our processing if you contest the accuracy of the data we hold about you, for as long as it takes to verify its accuracy.
- The right to request data erasure. You have the right to have your data erased from our Site and Services if the data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, you withdraw consent and no other legal basis for processing exists, or you believe your fundamental rights to data privacy and protection outweigh our legitimate interest in continuing the processing.
- The right to object to our processing. You have the right to object to our processing if we are processing your data based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest as an exercise of official authority (including profiling); using your data for direct marketing (including profiling); or processing your data for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics.
How You Can Access or Delete Your Information
Upon request, AgileAssets will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the contact information below. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
Your Choices About Collection and Use of Your Information
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our Site or Services because such information may be required in order for you to register as a member, participate in a survey, ask a question, or initiate other transactions.
- When you register on our Site or Services by filling in and submitting a form you may be given a choice as to whether you want to receive AgileAssets email messages and/or newsletters about product updates, improvements, or other relevant content. At any time, you can choose to no longer receive emails or newsletters from us by selecting the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email we send. We may send you other types of relationship e-mail communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Please note that changing information in your account, or otherwise opting out of receipt of email communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party (such as an event provider) before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change your preferences directly with that third party.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption in the transmission of your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information.
We want you to feel confident using our Site and Services. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email.
Our website is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
How to Contact Us
3001 Bee Caves Rd, Ste 200
Austin, Texas, 78746
©2018 AgileAssets Inc. All rights reserved.